Dermaspot is an e-commerce website that sells medical products managed through the Carey Medical inventory and invoicing modules. The customer adds to cart and buys an item that is reflected in Carey Medical’s management dashboard for the center, where they can process the order.
Client Carey Medical
Region Central America
Services Software Development
- Allow the medical center’s customers to buy their products online.
- Charge and generate electronic invoices through the Costa Rican banking system and invoicing laws.
- Integrate with the inventory and invoicing systems of Carey Medical, so the inventory sits only in one place.
- Given the need to communicate products and sales data between Dermaspot and Carey Medical, we had to create a fast way of communication that wouldn’t generate a lot of overhead in the request times. To solve this, we wrote an API layer in both applications and deployed them together in a private cloud in AWS, where they execute those requests very fast before going back to the customers.
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Sass, Slim, and CoffeeScript
- jQuery & Bootstrap
- Greenpay Payments integration
- Electronic Invoicing
- Application to Application connection through the same server deployment API.