One Two Trail is a web and mobile application that transforms traveling into a tailored experience, via recommendations and constant learning from the user’s profile. It was built around what the user like, saving the traveler a lot of research time before their trip, without removing the sense of surprise we all chase when we wander.
Client One Two Trail
Region Costa Rica
Services Web Application Development
Year 2016 – Present
- Recommendations and searched based on user preferences and location.
- Display of Destinations and Itineraries as groups of experiences.
- Social behaviors: save, share and send Destinations and Itineraries to other people.
- Administration panel to create and maintain Destinations (things to do) and Itineraries (lists of Destinations).
- 2 stages Recommender System:
- We researched the important data points to store to move to a Machine Learning based Recommender System once we have enough data, and put that in place.
- To start, we built a weighted tags Recommender System, which uses vectors of user preferences to calculate similarity against Destinations and Itineraries.
- Ruby on Rails 4.
- Sass, Slim, and CoffeeScript.
- Google Maps.
- jQuery & Bootstrap.