ORBE offers medical services at a reduced price for its members and makes it easy to schedule and pay for an appointment with doctors from different medical centers. ORBE customers can add up to 7 beneficiaries to their plan, all of which can access the service.
Several secondary applications exist to support the business, starting with dashboards for administration, support, and points of sale; then a medical record and agenda visualization application provided to the medical centers and a service where other discount providers associated to the ORBE membership can check if a person is an ORBE customer.
Region Costa Rica
Services Medical Services
- Medical services marketplace, including payment, invoicing and scheduling across organizations.
- Monthly subscription payments with several payment schemas and variations.
- Medical Centers can handle their medical records, scheduling and invoicing through the Medical Centers web platform.
- Multiple applications interconnected and deployed in a Virtual Private Cloud in Amazon Web Services. (AWS)
- Integrations are key. ORBE integrates not only to basic services like payments, invoicing and mailing, but to more than 5 APIs of medical services providers, coordinating the acquisition and scheduling of the appointments through all these external inventories.
- Extensive multi-level error handling supports the API integrations. When many systems interact, is important to avoid an unstable state of a transaction.
- Heavy modularization inside of the project itself, through multiple applications connected to a single database, allows ORBE to have flexible deployment schedules without having to touch all the system for changes that are not related.
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Sass, Slim, and CoffeeScript
- jQuery & Bootstrap
- Ionic 3
- Angular 5
- AWS RDS, EC2, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- Greenpay payments
- NABY electronic invoicing
- Dockerized development environment & CI