City Knots is a web and mobile application that transforms traveling into a tailored experience, via recommendations and constant learning from the user’s profile. It was built around what the user like, saving the traveler a lot of research time before their trip, without removing the sense of surprise we all chase when we wander.
Client City Knots
Region Costa Rica
Services Mobile App Development
- Recommendations and searched based on user preferences and location.
- Display of Knots and Strings as groups of experiences.
- Social behaviors: save, share and send Knots and Strings to other people.
- Administration panel to create and maintain Knots (things to do) and Strings (lists of Knots).
- 2 stages Recommender System:
- We researched the important data points to store to move to a Machine Learning based Recommender System once we have enough data, and put that in place.
- To start, we built a weighted tags Recommender System, which uses vectors of user preferences to calculate similarity against Knots and Strings.
- Ruby on Rails 4.
- Sass, Slim, and CoffeeScript.
- Google Maps.
- jQuery & Bootstrap.